Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Soccer Mom Duties

I've mentioned probably way too many times that I have a sporty earthling that is crazy about football.  I've told you all about his football fever, I've bragged about his winning, heck I've even claimed the life of a soccer mom.  Well here goes yet another post about Gael and football.  But before you think this will be ESPN-ly exhilaryawning this one is way better than the rest.  I dare say even the best.  I promise.

Gael trains one and a half hours twice a week and he is exhausted by the end of the day.  I'm the last person to ask about sports but the drills and scrimmage seem pretty intense.  Ninety minutes of training/cardio/exercise/aerobics/yoga I would think is a workout for an adult let alone a 6 year old.  In the evenings, after he takes his shower, he is beat and looking forward to getting into bed.  As you can imagine bedtime has never been sweeter and if I it weren't too cruel to make him train 5-days a week I would.  Just like any workout it gets him all achy and sore.  So much so that he started asking for a massage about year ago.  At first he wanted to have one when my lovely masajista would come to kneed the knots out of my shoulders.  Thai, Swedish, Shiatsu or any massage on a young child doesn't sound like a good idea to me.  Instead I took being a soccer mom to the next level and offered to give him the massage myself.

He was in heaven and I was elevated to best mom in the world.  For that brief moment the massage lasted at least.  Then he started asking for a massage even on days he didn't have football, random nights which quickly became every night.  Hold your horses there sporty spice.  Thou shalt not abuse thy mother.  I managed to negotiate soccer mom massage duties only to days of actual training, games or tournaments if I did the massage with oil.  Because a massage isn't a real massage without oil according to him.  So everything was in order, the routine was going smoothly and a sense of calm reigned in the Guerrero home.  Until last night.  I was giving Gael his foot rub at bedtime when he asks me if there is such a thing as a penis massage.  Just like that.  Out of the blue.  With no warning.

I had to muster up all the maturity and parenting skills in me to not giggle and say "HELL YEAH!!!!! YOU BET THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A PENIS MASSAGE!!!!" In hind sight I should have told him to ask his father since I don't have a penis and I wouldn't really know.  When in doubt pass the buck, right?  But I was trying to be the mature adult that I am so what else was there to do than just ignore him, pretend not to hear him and redirect the subject as far away as possible.  "That goal you scored this afternoon was soooooooo gooooood!!!!"

16 comments:

  1. wahahahahahaha! Of course it has to happen to you! I have days like that too, like when I catch K's hands in his jocks, and I tell him, with a poker face, to please take his hands out of his pockets. And he says, "but mom, it's soooo good!" hahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha love it! I will remember this technique when Luke starts talking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha so how did Gael reacted to your answer? things kid says tlaga. so funny!

    btw, love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niña, he was more than happy to make his goal the highlight of the day. Phew!

    Jen, I swear they are already penis centered from birth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I'll be stumped if I get that line from my boy! LOL!!!! What a segue from you, hahahahaha...GOAL!
    My boy also asks for body massage every bedtime from me, so may schedule din kami... I just hope he doesn't ask for that "P" massage! See, I can't even type the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He didn't naman ask me do give him one. Yoiks that would have been too wild even for me.

      Delete
  6. LOL This is good to know so when my boy starts asking, I'll know what to tell him:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get ready for all the crazy stuff your boy will say!

      Delete
  7. Well, at least for next time he asks you can pass the buck to Pacs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and also the soreness from exercising gets worse the day after so he might not ALWAYS be exaggerating... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahahaha! Best.Post.Ever!
    Please keep this post for material for future best man (who I suspect could just be BCF on my side of the turf) speech at the future wedding.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What else are our blogs for if not to blackmail our children in the future?

      Delete
  10. Hi Ron! Hahaha! I didn't see the "P" massage coming while reading this post!!! I have to hold down my reaction because my Little One is sleeping right now. Sure is a nice way to end my day =) Thanks to you and Gael!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! Hahahahaha!!! I'm gonna brace myself for when Raviv asks me a similar question! Y'know, I have a somewhat similar post--only, it was my son's yaya saying she's giving "it" these days because she won't be able to give it when Raviv's older. Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete